Looking forward to contributing a successful conference in Istanbul
We are delighted to inform you that Prof. Mustafa Hilmi Colakoglu (Deputy Undersecretary of the Ministry of Education), Prof. Dr. Celal Bayrak (Dean of Faculty of Education, Hacettepe University) and Dr. Ahmet Uludag (Director, Science and Society, TUBITAK) will deliver the keynote addresses at the conference.
Following 10 posters have been selected for a 3 minute talk on April 26 at 4.30 pm. The presenters of selected three ‘best in show’ posters will be given free registration for the PCST 2018 conference in Dunedin, New Zealand.
This session will be held in the Ballroom” as we would like to encourage as many people as possible to attend.
The order of speakers will be as follows:
- Guoyan Wang, China – Einstein versus Newton: the historical influence of great scientists on big data analysis
- Anton Binneman, South Africa – The quality of science communication in South Africa through the media 2014-2015
- Anne Land-Zandstra, Netherlands – Objective-centred learning in science museums, a systematic view of the literature
- Sarah Duit, Austria – Water @ school – engaging young students in a research project
- Robert Inglis, South Africa – Agent Zee – Role modelling agency by women in science
- Gokhan Kaya, Turkey – STEM and Makers FEST – Expo for public engagement
- Bernardo Gontijo, Brazil – Gaia Project Centre – An experience report on science communication about the biosphere research of ESPINHACO Mountains Range
- Joana Lobo Antunes, Portugal – Improving social media skills for scientists and institutions in Portugal
- Ben Creagh, Australia – Tools and tactics of elective science communication in an issues rich environment
- Sofia Otero, Chile – Science, art and online merge to disseminate Chile’s hottest heritage
Pre-conference sponsored event (Workshop # 3): The Role of Science Communication in promoting Responsible Research and Innovation
Date/Time: Monday, April 25: 1:15 to 5:15pm
The workshop organisers: Rosina Malagrida & Steve Miller
Sponsored by: The RRI Tools project – www.rri-tools.eu
Possible participants: This workshop is suitable for all participants.
The workshop is open, free of charge, to all PCST participants who have registered for the conference. There are maximum 30 places in this workshop, so make sure you claim your place now here. More Information
Turkish Airlines sponsors PCST2016 Conference
Turkish Airlines is the Official Airline of the 14th International PCST (Public Communication of Science and Technology) Conference and special discounts up to %20 are offered on certain booking classes. In order to proceed with the online booking tool for Turkish Conventions please visit the Turkish Conventions website http://www4.thy.com/TKC/ and use the event code “016TKM16” under delegate section.